Wednesday, January 14, 2009

In the Valley of the Dolls


Dolls are a little freaky to me. A mini version of a real person. As a child we mimicked conversations and conflicts through dolls. Or for boys "action figures". It's the original self created third person narrative. The ancestor to Second Life. The virtual world to be a better you was in your imagination.

Then our love for celebrities. Their vapid stare in space, all statuesque and perfect. Us Weekly, People, feed us those images. I'm not immune. I buy Elle every 2 months to divine from the style gods what look I want to slip into for the upcoming season. Dress the part for a saucier version of me.

So in my digression again from working on the short story for my fiction group, I came across these pics.

I can feel myself getting into character now.

No comments: